Saturday, May 30, 2009

White Space

Just sitting around lately with not much to do. Today we started our 3-day indoc brief schedule. Yay.

This post is more of a filler, if nothing else. We got to hear about all the nice vipers, spiders, and sand fleas here. I guess I should start taking my malaria meds, but I hear it screws up your liver (or possibly).

I have some good pics to put up for some of the previous posts, but I have no wifi access for my laptop and they won't let me plug my camera into these desktops we're using, so for now it will have to wait.

I've read like, two books, watched several movies, and the entire 5th season of Boston Legal while waiting on this indoc thing to start. How sad is that? I have worked out though, and started cutting my calorie intake. The DFAC (dining facility) has each item labeled for calorie count so it's easy to figure out how much I'm eating. Not that it is in any way interesting, but I've kicked myself down to 500 calories per meal and lots of water, juice and milk. My body doesn't take long to lose weight, but it goes the other way pretty quickly, too.

I was just thinking yesterday about how we're required to carry our weapons with us everywhere and how much that differs from the real world. Anyway, this post was, like I said, filler and contained very little useful or entertaining information. Just trying to keep something up here so you guys don't think I died.

2 comments:

  1. Filler is fine! It's good to hear from you. I don't know much about the malaria meds but I don't think you want malaria either :~) Remember, carrying your weapon everywhere might prepare you to come back to Fayetteville! :~))

    Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sweetie - glad to hear you are okay. Bryan was asking yesterday if I had heard from you. Gran is getting those bandanas (about 10)for you. I will send them as soon as they come in. I plan to send you some cookies too. Since you are working out - it won't hurt you.
    John - the last I checked the crime rate was still higher in GA. (you can't see me right now but I'm sticking out my tongue at you.)

    ReplyDelete