Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydr...blegh

Standby for the Hydrate-a-thon of 2009. I'm headed to the desert (I mean, the REAL desert) today. Desert that looks the same from all directions, and there is no Starbucks, yet.

We'll be camping out there tonight and tomorrow night for some good ole range time! Whew! I really felt that I didn't get enough range time in SC, so I'm happy we're getting more. In the desert. 130 degrees. In full body armor. I guess that as a condolence to us, we get MREs with heaters this time. Heated food, in the desert.

Exactly. But anyway, this is gonna be fun I think. There's an old submarine adage we refer to as the Finite Happiness Theorem. You see, when the hatch on a submarine closes, there is a finite amount of happiness contained within. If you want to be more happy, you have to steal it from someone else. It simply MUST apply to the desert. So that will be my focus while I'm there. I'm gonna smile, sing, whistle, and point out how much fun I'm having while everyone is complaining. This is a fool-proof plan. I can't lose. Your happiness will be mine!

I should be at my final destination sometime this weekend.

Here's a pic of the airport area..and no, there's nothing wrong with my lens...it's really that dusty outside.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know which is worst, the heat or the MREs :~) Remember the camping trip that we ate MREs and Noah put the hot sauce in Kelly's drink? Anyway..... Take all the happiness that you can, there is always someone who doesn't use it :~))

    LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or you could just think about the story of Uncle Randy chasing your dad under the couch and blowing pepper under there just to hear him sneeze. That one always makes me LOL!

    Be careful with the whistling - you don't want to alert the enemy! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth & I will send you all the Happiness Energy we can!!
    Be careful with your whistling, it looks like that with ALL of that sand you could be sucking some pretty dry, nasty stuff!!
    We love you.
    Carolyn & Beth

    ReplyDelete