Thursday, May 7, 2009

Hooa....ugh....

Past few days have been pretty rough. I like to believe the best of our drill instructors. I like to believe that when they have us put our gear on, file onto the road, select a few people going to one final destination, then have the rest of us go back to our seating and ground our gear, it's because they want us to get used to donning it.

That's what I WANT to believe. Much like I want to believe that one day my abs will look like Brad Pitt's. Okay, enough moaning...

So yesterday we did our M16 quals (for real this time). Got a 33 out of 40, which I guess is a sharpshooter. I think I missed expert by 1 point. Today was pretty long. Up at 345 for low light 9mm qual that we ended up NOT doing because of lightning within 25 miles (25!). The military has a way of saving your life while sacrificing your sanity. It's what we do.

Then we got to (drum roll), fire .50 cal and SAWs. The .50 cal is like a small cannon and when it fires near you, it rattles your teeth. Firing that was the most fun I've had in a long time, especially here. The SAW is an automatic machine gun and is almost as much fun as launching shells from your crotchal region with the aforementioned cannon. I'm in the NARMY now!

I know I said I'd post pics, but I'm so freakin tired right now, it's gonna have to wait til I have the energy to do it.

3 comments:

  1. "sacrificing your sanity"

    We didn't start with much in the first place :~)

    Keep us the good work, Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And we are just supposed to believe that's you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't tell it's me? Tsk tsk...

    ReplyDelete