Monday, July 13, 2009

Got me some internet

Well, the internet is finally working again! I say working again, but truthfully, it went down because we went from a pay service to a government-pays service. Thank you to my hard working American people for my slow, but free, internet!

The contractors that came out to hook it up actually made us provide a router to make their internet connection work. Which is ridiculous because I'm sure it's in their statement of work to provide all the materials necessary, but the colonel gets what the colonel wants!

In any case, we've been so busy that the internet has been an afterthought, except for skype and the ability to talk to people. It started working last night, and I got in around 2130. I walked in, plugged it up, started up my browser and saw Google come up. I said "Cool, internet," and went to bed. There's alot of cool things going on that's been keeping me busy. I will go into more detail once it's over, what with OPSEC and all. Just happy to be out of the 2100-2230 meeting tonight. Sheesh!

I've gotten quite a few packages now, and I've beginning to be the envy of the office! Keep those coming and I'll keep the gifts flowing back to the states :) Love you guys, will write more later. I have to go find my pillow from between my eyelids.

3 comments:

  1. Did you get the mugs yet? Different ones from WV. How about the battery/charger package? That's the one with the incorrect address.

    Love ya!!!!
    dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sweetie! Wow! I'm glad you are back with us again(so to speak). You should be getting a package from me in the next week. I would have sent it sooner but I kept finding things to put in the box. In the box will be a really nice coffee maker, large Coffee Mate, large tub of animal crackers, gummy bears, the MeMaw blanket, the bandanas (10)a pack of Jelly Bellys and some homemade cookies. Let me know how well they travel. I hope the LARGE package makes it through all the security. Love you so much and miss you too.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Riley, Beth & I got your postcard a couple of Days ago. It made Our Day!!! It really meant a lot to Us that you had an opportunity to take a few minutes and write Us!
    I spoke to your Mom tonight and She gave me an update on you & Noah. Sounds like you did a great job in being a big Brother to Noah. He sounds like he is really hanging in there going through Basic. I'm sure growing up having a big Brother that cared for Him and gave Him a hard time so as not to get to big for his britches, much like my Big Brother and Sisters did for me, helps a bunch. Nothing better than Siblings to keep you grounded!
    Though I must say, I couldn't go through all of the stuff you have and are continuing to do and Noah is experiencing now. You're very special Guys!!
    Well now, I guess I had better not keep going on and on about how special, caring, kind, intelligent, funny...... you are, I mean I wouldn't want to bore you or anything! Plus I want your head to still fit in your helmet.
    Beth & I were wondering what you would like to have sent over there to you? We thought we could pack graham crackers with chunks of hard chocolate on top. By the time the package got to you it would be automatic smores. After reconsidering though, we figured that it wouldn't be real nice if you had to pick up your Gun real fast with all of that messy melted chocolate all over your fingers and hands. Hey what other ideas would you expect from 2 middle aged Women? Chocolate, Wine/Beer & Sleep. Three favorite things for every good Red Blooded American Middle Aged Woman! Too much info about your Aunts? Sorry. Got carried away.
    I guess I had better stop blabbering here.
    Seriously, let Us know what you need or want, keep it clean, now.
    Take Care of Yourself.
    Love Ya,
    Carolyn & Beth

    ReplyDelete