Thursday, April 30, 2009

Deadeye

Just got done cleaning my M16 and M9. Pretty good at dismantling them. We were at the range today and had to get our weapons sighted in. The army calls it "grouping and zeroing." Got a pretty tight center. As soon as I get a cable for my camera I'll upload the picture of how tight my groups were. All within about 4cm, center body mass.

It was mostly fun, but we were in our IBA (Interceptor Body Armor) all day long. And when we did our M9 quals we had to wear it. There's even a stress fire we do where we have to take shots, go prone, take shots, reload, get up, run to a 'window', fire, run to a barricade, fire....etc. Gets tough in that armor, but it was the most fun.

Tomorrow is another virtual firing range with a different scenario and pop up targets. It's like a video game, so I should ace it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment